Forming opinions so you don't have to!

Thursday 16 January 2014

First gigs of the year

Agents of Abhorrence at The Tote (3/1/14)

For a grindcore set, I found the set to start off slow. They had a singer come and fill in for them while the main singer was absent (which apparently happens a lot for the band), and the fill in guy was a bit flat with his screaming, especially the timing. However, about 2/3rds of the way through the set, one of the band's old singers jumped on and absolutely SHREDDED it. The crowd got animated, the set had rhythm, everything was in absolute chaos. For 15 bucks, the set was well worth it. Also my first gig of the year!

Besides that, I caught a band called White Walls playing before hand that had a sort of noise rock vibe to them. Their set started slow, but by the end there were some great progressive jams going on and it was pretty good listening to a wall of noise that wasn't grindcore.

Before that was a band by the name of Internal Rot. I remember three things, the drummer being fucking insane, the face the guitarist pulled as he was shredding the fuck out (that face being the kind you'd only pull when three types of things are happening in your nether regions at once) and the vocalist (who was the drummer for Agents) keeping the vocals tight and in line with the music. Good set.


I was gonna do one for crystal fighters that I got in free for thanks to my mate Roon dog (a nice and very animated set) but I'll pop that one up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment