Forming opinions so you don't have to!

Tuesday 23 October 2012

ZDRAVSTVUJ COMRADE (or whatever this is a welcome post)

Welcome to Mr Tom's Musical Revolution!


I've decided to set this up as I'm a massive muso and I feel the need to ram my hipster tastes right down your throat. Not to say that this is a bad thing though, call it an awareness program I guess.

I kid, I kid.

I guess the reason for doing this is that I believe that there's a load of fantastic stuff out there that goes under the radar. I'd also like to brush up on my critical skills, and while a lot of what I'll be posting comes from my tastes and what I like, I suppose I'd be open to review requests. I'd love to see what you think about my work here, and of course what you think about the music. Of course, keep it constructive. If your response is 'ur shit' - guess what, you're the one that's shit. fuck you.

If I can get at least one person into a band they haven't heard of, that will make this blog worth it. That is my goal. Music is a great tool on so many levels, it's helped me develop a lot of skills not limited to boosting my critical and musical abilities and it's pretty much the only thing that keeps me sane during every job I've had.

So, what kind of music will I be reviewing? I'm hoping my taste doesn't really put a block on the scope. My main tastes are a bit heavy, I'll admit. I'm big on post hardcore at the moment, but isn't that really just rock with a fancy title? and yeah, I'm big on sludge metal and crust punk... But I'd like to make this blog more about accessible music - good indie acts, art rock, bit of hip hop and house music plus a shit ton more. I'll probably be reviewing a lot of albums I got into this year and work from there. I'll also talk about how some songs hold individual meaning - and I'll touch on this in a separate post.

Well, with that said if there's anything you'd think I'd like, as either a reviewer or a person please chuck it my way! I'd like to see what you've got.

Enjoy! or fuck off, whatever suits you best.

No comments:

Post a Comment