Forming opinions so you don't have to!

Saturday 19 January 2013

Ken Mode album due March 15!

One of my favourite hardcore bands are releasing a new album soon!

KEN mode have been responsible for some of my favourite hardcore songs since I dabbled into the genre. I fucking foam at the mouth at the mere mention of this band. Their release of Venerable in 2011 was completely solid, and my second favourite heavy release of that year next to Trap Them’s Darker Handcraft, both of which, I believe, shat on Mastodon’s ‘The Hunter’ (or at least in terms of band direction… their past two albums were so much better).

Besides that, the opening track off Mennonite “Extending Common Courtesy Throughout The Evening’ is one of my favourite songs ever (despite the album being a disappointment in my eyes). Reprisal, their second album, is incredible from start to finish and really mixed up the song structure in a way that you don’t get with typical hardcore albums. Their first album, Mongrel, was pretty decent too with a unique mix of noise rock and epic progressions that sounds like what I’d call ‘opera-core’.

Entrench will be KEN mode’s 5th release. Apparently Matt Bayliss who was responsible for recording albums for Mastodon, Botch and Isis has done the recording for this album, along with Dave Verellen from Botch and now Narrows doing some guest vocals which should be sweet, along with a guy called Tim Singer from bands Deadguy and Kiss it Goodbye… but I haven’t heard of them yet.

Anyway, I’ll drop you links to my favourite tracks from their past four releases, and a live video with a track from their upcoming album. Enjoy!


Also Pitchfork has got access to a properly released track. It's Here.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/14769-counter-culture-complex/
 



No; I’m In Control (Live In Montreal) - off the new album.


A Wicked Pike - off Venerable, their last release.

 
Extending Common Courtesy Throughout The Evening (and it's strange video clip) - off Mennonite


The Hammer Party - off Reprisal (so so good)

No comments:

Post a Comment