Forming opinions so you don't have to!

Saturday 19 January 2013

The Unwound Archive Website

Doing a bit of trawling over the internet whilst bored at work (as I do) and I came across this gem of a website.

http://unwoundarchive.com/

It’s been set up by the band themselves. I put an enquiry through to the site to try and find out if there’ll be a section about what the ex-members are doing now and got an email from Justin Trosper himself saying that he might put up something on the site. Stoked to hear from him actually, The guy’s a bit of a hero in my books and I’m looking forward to hearing more out of his new band ‘Survival Knife’ which (from memory) sounds like a good sort of garage rock/post-hardcore revival. Youtube that shit!

The site has a lot of cool stuff related to the band on it. One of the flyers I liked came from a show in Germany in ’94 and had some pretty wicked artwork of people walking by what looks like a prison camp wall. Besides this they’ve got all sorts of cool stuff like a mildly amusing food diary from their tours, timelines of their gigs, old interviews from articles, photos and all sorts of other interesting stuff. If you’re a fan of the band, or just want to kill a bit of time at work I’d recommend checking it out before your fuckhead networks department drops a filter on the site so you can’t check it at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment